For a quote call:
01789 508 900
unoccupied insurance empty property insurance

Unoccupied Property Insurance

  • 3, 6, 9, 12 Month Policies
  • Flexible Payment Plan
  • Public Liability Cover

Unoccupied & Renovation Property Insurance


Specialist insurance policies for unoccupied properties or homes being renovated – normal home insurance does not cover you!

Cover for the existing building as well as the new works being added. Most projects can be catered for – including both Residential and Commercial.

Options include Contents, Hand Tools, Own Constructional Machinery, Hired in Plant and Legal Expenses.

You can even convert the policy to a standard Household Insurance policy or a Residential Let policy at no extra cost if you finish the work before the policy expires.

Most standard home insurance policies will not normally continue to cover you if the cost of the work exceeds £30,000 – even when you remain living in the premises during the time the work takes place

Policies offering ‘unoccupied’ cover, are not generally designed for building works, particularly where structural changes are involved. It is also unlikely that they will cover the value of the new works, including fixtures, fittings and materials. With a standard home insurance the cost of the works covered is often limited, or the type of work covered is restricted to non-structural works or decoration only.

Comprehensive cover on unoccupied properties can be difficult to find. Our selected panel of insurers enables us to obtain the best policy for your needs providing cover for fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake and damage by fall of aircraft, storm, tempest or flood. We can also offer polices on a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month basis.

Quick Quote